I'm Judith Yeaman your County Brownie Adviser. I have been involved as a leader in a Brownie Unit in Portishead for 10 years and really enjoy it. If you need any help/hints/ideas or just someone to moan at about Brownies don't hesitate to contact me -
Below is a recipe which I think says it all about Brownies:
RECIPE FOR A THRIVING BROWNIE UNIT
• A couple of enthusiastic Guiders
• A handful of girls aged 7 – 10½ years
• Extra large measures of patience
• Heaped spoonfuls of hope and dedication
• Gallons of friendship and fun
• Equal measures of discipline and TLC
• Plenty of imagination and ideas
• Barrels of laughter and smiles
• Some precious time for listening
• Plus an extra special ingredient – respect for all
Take a couple of Guiders with imagination and ideas. Add a handful of girls (more if needed). Stir in friendship and fun. Blend together with loyalty and respect.
Fold in gently the patience, hope and dedication. Carefully add the equal measures of discipline and TLC. Sprinkle abundantly with the enthusiasm, laughter and smiles. Allow some extra time for listening.
Ensure generous helpings are shared and enjoyed by everyone on a weekly basis.
Offer samples to families and friends on special occasions.
Last Updated on Thursday, 01 March 2012 11:21